A report developed by Madera Outsourcing states that Pakistani startups will have access to roughly $100 million of funding by the end of 2019. As exciting as this sounds, availability of these funds does not automatically mean that all or most startups would benefit from it. But, you can increase your chances of tapping into these funds by becoming part of Epiphany Lab, Pakistan’s first international accelerator focused on helping growth stage impact entrepreneurs.
This is where Epiphany Lab comes in, which is a six-day rigorous accelerator designed to help growth-stage entrepreneurs raise investment. Epiphany Lab is designed in collaboration with Uncharted, a US organization based in Colorado that has helped social entrepreneurs raise $252 million and impact 37 million lives in 96 countries. It seeks to combine rising national entrepreneurial spirit with the desire to solve Pakistan’s biggest challenges. Typically, participating startups will be targeting one of the following sustainable development goals:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
Designed for growth-stage entrepreneurs, Epiphany Lab enhances entrepreneurs’ capacity to transform emerging businesses to sustainable and expanding interventions. The Lab will help entrepreneurs to:
● Understand the steps of the investment process and what is needed to be prepared at each step
● Diagnose where a venture is in preparedness for those steps, build a full plan for how to get ready, and actively work to get more prepared
● Determine the amount and type of capital needed for their venture
● Understand how to build and maintain strong relationships with funders
● Meet with actual funders to get feedback and practice building investor interest
● Pitch in front of investors for grant money and potential investment
If you are a Pakistan-based startup committed to working towards one of the above-mentioned sustainable development goals, have a steady stream of revenue and are looking to raise investment, then Epiphany Lab is the accelerator you have been waiting for. Whether you are a non-profit organization or a for-profit business, we will help you put your best foot forward with the investors.
Epiphany Lab has 50+ mentors, advisors and investors who will work with you in order to help you prepare your financials, investment documents, pitch decks and guide you in delivering an excellent pitch. Our lab will also help you access global business hubs through our international advisors. Post-lab support will also be provided to help develop promotional videos, feature articles on our media partner’s website and provide online and in-person mentorship and support. And the best thing is—you don’t have to share any equity with us! In fact, top performing startups will receive grant money.
Epiphany Investment Preparedness Lab will take place from October 21-26, 2019 at the National Incubation Center, Islamabad. Details about Epiphany Lab are available at www.epiphany.com.pk/epiphanylab2019.